Friday, February 8, 2013

Toilet Training Progress

Our current version of bribery


Dare I say that we are getting there?

E is still not indicating that she needs to go very often, but she is suddenly very compliant with requests to try.

And just when I thought that we were going to be carting the green Ikea potty with us everywhere for the next six months, she is very suddenly also very interested in the toilet, and having a surprising number of successes with it.

She has only had a couple of accidents all week and it's about time; I realised recently that our first lot of bribery were little chocolate ladybugs I was given for mother's day last year, and that means we have been doing this, on and off, for NINE MONTHS. (Look at this post from June 2012!)

I am feeling cautiously, quietly, gratefully (but still-kind-of-expecting-it-to-go-wrong) hopeful.

Hurrah!

(And for anyone interested, please read the post below this for details of a Giveaway!)

7 comments:

Mrs M said...

I will be toilet training next school holidays, we all live in hope it will be a quick transition.

Deb @ inner compass designs said...

i wrote on someone else's TT post this week that m & Ms for TT are my only big bribery case but so warranted, it helps!

hoping great progress is made in your house xx

katef said...

We are in the thick of it here too.... my 2.5 year old is fabulous on the potty when he has no pants on, never misses... but as soon as I cover his cute little bum with something it's all over red rover! I suspect we are in for the long haul here too!

Sarah Leonard said...

Yay! Progress made :) No mean feet I can imagine!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

Hoping toilet training is done and dusted in no time for you! I waited {after a frustrating attempt at 2.5} til my little one was three, and she worked it out in two days. Thinking for my youngest I will just wait it out til she is three or shows an interest. Good luck! x

Maxabella said...

Oh it's a jolly good day when the toilet training is done. We are currently struggling to get the Badoo out of a night nappy - she is dry every day but doesn't seem to want to give them up! I think they are her 'blankie' or something. Her night security.

Good luck! I might try smarties too... x

Naturally Carol said...

Smarties worked a treat for my kids too...that was way back in the early eighties! Not much changes does it? Hehe!

.header-inner .Header #header-inner { margin-bottom: 100px !important; } .main-outer { margin-top: 15px !important; }