Monday, September 20, 2010

I am craving summer

I want long hot days and long balmy nights. I want cold beers in the back yard in the late afternoon. I want hair and clothes that are dry an hour after being washed. I want to take Little E to the beach in the morning and bring her home exhausted for long afternoon naps. I want to take her to her grandparents' house for swims in their pool that feels like a big warm bathtub from December to March. I want mangoes and grapes and watermelon. I want it not to be cold when I get up in the middle of the night and for my skin not to cringe away from the air when I get out of the shower. This summer I won't have an interal temperature running several degrees higher than everyone else's so I won't even mind if it's 35 plus for days on end. 

What's your favourite season?

3 comments:

_vTg_ said...

Hmmm, summer minus the 40+ degree days would be ok (and I'm not even in Perth). So I have to go with "late spring" (October/November) or Hobart Summer. My issue with really hot summers is getting cooped up in the house on a sunny with little people who need to get outside!

We are already getting decent NT mangoes (and ignoring the food miles...) Have you considered a mango tree for your garden? There are dwarf varieties. As I discovered while finding out that Melbourne really is too far south for mangoes. Boo hoo! You would have more luck with watermelons than us, too.....

ANB said...

David's parents have several acres (hectares? I never know which is which) in the foothills with about 30 mango trees so we are sorted in that department! They just aren't ready yet and I haven't noticed any in the shops.

_vTg_ said...

Drool!!!

.header-inner .Header #header-inner { margin-bottom: 100px !important; } .main-outer { margin-top: 15px !important; }