Saturday, December 11, 2010

Today I am grateful for ... marriage and breakfast

Two pots of Maxabellian gratitude today, of varying degrees of seriousness.

In our 8 years D and I have attended 11 weddings. Three of these marriages have now ended. I am very grateful that ours hasn't. I don't think there is a magic formula and I don't think we "work" at it as such, but we are conscious of how precious it is, and we bite our tongues rather than sniping about small irritations, and make an effort to do and say little things for each other.

On the less serious note, I am also grateful for breakfast. For creamy-eggy-crunchy-greasy-bacony goodness. And salty hash browns, lovely red tomatoes and glistening baked beans. For a meal that we can both get to, and Little E can enjoy with us, without needing to arrange a babysitter. That can be shared with friends on either side of the Great Divide. And if we can persuade Little E to have her nap, we are off to enjoy some this morning!

7 comments:

Felicity said...

What wonderful things to be grateful for.

I love to read that you hold your tongues vs sniping about small irritations and my mouth is watering reading about your delicious brekky!

Enjoy your weekend, you've started it brilliantly!

Felicity x

allison tait said...

Those are both *brilliant* things to be grateful for.

Maxabella said...

OMG, I am with you on both gratefuls here - the marriage being only slightly less important than the breakfast ;). LOML and I are solid as a rock because we look after each other and we make each other breakfast every now and then just because. x

Jen said...

Excellent choices, I am married 13 years and very grateful that my husband puts up with my (sometimes) tired and cranky ways:) And love a good breakfast too. Visiting from Maxabellas. Jen

http://www.thekingandeye.com/p/im-grateful-for.html

Naturally Carol said...

Thank you for sharing your relationship tip, very wise. Brekky sounds delicious in a big way!

Naturally Carol said...

I have decided that as you have such good advice you are definitely worth another follower.

J said...

Marriage does take a lot of work to work. Have a great week!

.header-inner .Header #header-inner { margin-bottom: 100px !important; } .main-outer { margin-top: 15px !important; }